How To Make Hemp Milk
I modified this amazing recipe from The Blender girl, you can find the original recipe here: https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/hemp-milk/
She writes, “Hemp milk is a fantastic alternative to dairy, soy and nut milks for those people living with food allergies. It is also highly nutritious. Not only is it a great source of protein, it also contains calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, fiber and B vitamins. Hemp milk supports heart health, is fabulous for healthy skin and hair, and boosts immunity.
Homemade hemp milk raw and fresh, it doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives. You can also control the quality of the hemp seeds and other ingredients, as well as the flavor, sugar levels, and texture. This is especially important for hemp seed milk, as it has an assertive flavor. The rich nutty flavor is similar to sunflower seeds.”
Hemp milk is protein, Omega 6 and 3 packed! It’s delicious and good for you but now you can add some Aja Hemp oil to the mix and get even more benefits out of it!
DIY Hemp Milk
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 Droppers of the Aja hemp oil of your choice!
Easy Flavor Options:
Sweetened Milk (Unsweetened Milk, Plus Below):
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, (or 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup), plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (optional)
Chocolate Milk (Sweetened Milk, Plus Below):
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
Strawberry Milk (Sweetened Milk, Plus Below):
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, plus more to taste
- Throw the hemp seeds, water, and salt in your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the seeds are completely pulverized. Use whole milk to maximize nutrition. Or strain for a smoother, more commercial-style milk for use in recipes. If straining wait to add your Aja Hemp Oil. If not add now and stir or shake. You will want to shake again before each use to redistribute it.
- To strain, place a nut milk bag or knee-high piece of sheer nylon hosiery over the opening of a glass bowl, jar or jug. Pour the milk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through.
- Rinse your blender container, and pour the strained milk back in. Add the vanilla, sweetener, and any flavorings, and blast again, until smooth and creamy. If you’ve strained then now is when you would add the Aja Hemp Oil in.
- Store the milk in a sealed container in the fridge. Hemp milk will keep for about 3 days in a very cold fridge.
COOKING WITH HEMP
HEMP EXTRACT PRODUCTS
Grown, processed, and packaged in Colorado, Aja Hemp controls the process from start to finish. We take pride in the quality and consistency of our products.
Aja Wellness, LLC
PO Box 907
Niwot, CO 80544
Phone | 1-844-443-6764
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH US
PAYMENTS & SHIPPING
We ship to all 50 states including Hawaii and Alaska.
For international shipping click HERE.